Learn to grill, roast and bake on a barbecue – you’ll be amazed at what you can cook using these simple techniques.
This course is for those who want to learn to cook food other than the standard barbecue fare of burgers and sausages, the Essentials Course shows how to use Weber’s renowned “lid-on” barbecue technique to grill, roast, smoke and bake! During the 4 hours you will enjoy preparing and barbecuing a variety of different dishes under the expert tuition of our head chef, Jake.
Using a combination of charcoal and gas barbecues you’ll be taught skills from lighting techniques to controlling temperature and knowing when your food is perfectly cooked. You’ll receive a demonstration from the chef on how to cook the perfect steak and we’ll ask you to get hands-on with some dough and create your own flatbread pizza!
All courses are taught by our head chef Jake Pinn. Our School is positioned in Abinger Hammer, a delightful and picturesque village in the heart of the Surrey hills. Newly refurbished, the school provides each student with a fully equipped kitchen.
We believe in hands-on, practical teaching, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves. Students are provided with all necessary ingredients and equipment.
- Stonebaked pizza
- Beer can chicken with herb and butter paprika rub
- Sirloin or ribeye steaks
- Smoked pork loin & crackling
- Grilled broccoli with chilli and garlic
- Coal roasted sweet potatoes with salsa verde
- Chocolate molten puddings
- Handling, preparing and cooking meat
- Bed and Breakfast available
- Indoor dining area
- Outside seating and dining area
- Free wifi
- Secure onsite parking
- Idyllic countryside setting, easily accessible by road and public transport
The perfect way to get ready for Summer.