2 day cookery course: The Basics
The ultimate ‘How To’ course for those wanting to learn the basics of cooking.
If you’re keen to grasp the fundamentals of cookery or are having to fend for yourself for the first time, then this is the perfect course for you!
Our ‘The basics’ cookery course will teach you essential knife skills, simple sauces, preparing delicious side dishes and how to approach meat and fish without being afraid. We’ll also demonstrate how to store your dishes safely and how to finish off your meals with one of our sumptuous pudding recipes.
Our chefs can teach you how to remain calm and help you gain confidence in the kitchen. By the end of the course, you’ll be able impress your family and friends with your newfound skills. This course is perfect course for students preparing for university and who are short on time!
All courses are taught by our master chef Jake Pinn. Our School is positioned in Abinger Hammer, a delightful and picturesque village in the heart of the Surrey hills. Newly refurbished, the school provides each student with a fully equipped kitchen.
We believe in hands-on, practical teaching, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves. Students are provided with all necessary ingredients and equipment.
- Poached eggs, omelettes
- Spiced pumpkin soup with rosemary and confit garlic focaccia
- Bream en papilotte with fennel, radish salad with a simple vinaigrette
- Buttermilk pancakes with maple butter and crispy bacon
- Thai style mussels
- Roast chicken with roasties, pan gravy, cauliflower cheese and roasted veg, petit pois ala francais
- Gnocchi with cherry toms, capers and basil
- Preparing and cooking fruit and vegetables
- How to select and buy quality meat and fish
- Simple pastry making
- Poaching, baking, frying and roasting
- Preparing delicious meals from scratch
- Bread making
- Making chicken stock
- Bed and Breakfast available
- Indoor dining area
- Outside seating and dining area
- Free wifi
- Secure onsite parking
- Idyllic countryside setting, easily accessible by road and public transport