We are delighted to have Hari Ghotra teaching Indian cookery classes at The Abinger.
India is such a diverse and colourful country and this is reflected in the exotic dishes flavoured with a long list of wonderful herbs and spices from all the different regions across the country. Here in the UK we’re not really aware of how much cooking varies across India. Say the word ‘curry’ and we think that covers all Indian food and that’s that. But there is so much more to experience and enjoy that doesn’t come under this term. Hari is going to take you on a brief ‘Tasting Tour’ around this enormous, colourful, beautiful country to show you how different people in different areas – influenced by their own cultures, customs, climate and religions – cook.
We hope this won’t just make you hungry, but it’ll make you want to get cooking as well! Our School is positioned in Abinger Hammer, a delightful and picturesque village in the heart of the Surrey hills. Newly refurbished, the school provides each student with a fully equipped kitchen. We believe in hands-on, practical teaching, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves. Students are provided with all necessary ingredients and equipment.
- Vegetable Pakora with imlee
- Onion and potato fritters with a tamarind dip
- Tandoori Chicken with a mint sauce
- Chicken marinaded in a spiced yoghurt
- Thari walee lamb – lamb cooked in a robust masala sauce
- Red lentil dhal Jeera chaul
- Cumin infused rice kheer
- Indian rice pudding
- Bed and Breakfast available
- Indoor dining area
- Outside seating and dining area
- Free wifi
- Secure onsite parking
- Idyllic countryside setting, easily accessible by road and public transport