British Game Cookery Course
Game season is about to get into full swing and we can’t wait!
We are fortunate to be positioned in the heart of the Surrey Hills and even more fortunate to be surrounded by excellent local suppliers of quality Game.
Using only the very best ingredients, our Game cookery course will help you work with these wonderful and flavoursome meats, turning them into delicious dishes that are guaranteed to wow. The course features some of finest game Britain has to offer – Venison, Pheasant, Partridge, Wild Duck, Rabbit and Wood Pigeon.
Open to cooks of all abilities the course is set to challenge our students, so expect to work with and experiment with ingredients you wouldn’t use at home every day. You will acquire new skills and techniques; learning how to prepare the game from scratch, making stock and sauces, and preparing seasonal vegetables.
- Venison carpaccio with a black pepper & juniper crust and pickled vegetables
- Confit partridge legs with Asian spices and som tum salad
- Pheasant Kievs with trout farm smoked garlic, wilted beet leaves and potato rosti
- Venison Wellington in Thyme, juniper and port sauce
- Pheasant or wild duck Massaman curry
- Bed and Breakfast available
- Indoor dining area
- Outside seating and dining area
- Free wifi
- Secure onsite parking
- Idyllic countryside setting, easily accessible by road and public transport
All courses are taught by our master chef Jake Pinn. Our School is positioned in Abinger Hammer, a delightful and picturesque village in the heart of the Surrey hills. Newly refurbished, the school provides each student with a fully equipped kitchen.
We believe in hands-on, practical teaching, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves. Students are provided with all necessary ingredients and equipment.
Our Game Cookery course makes the perfect gift for Birthdays, Anniversaries and Christmas. Gift Vouchers are available in any denomination.