Seafood Secrets £145
Fish and Seafood Cookery Course
Do you shy away from cooking fish and seafood? This one day course teaches you the techniques you need to create delicious fish and shellfish dishes.
Our one day fish and seafood cookery course has the perfect balance of demonstrations by our chef and hands-on cooking. Using the freshest seafood and ingredients, we’ll teach you how to identify and select the freshest fish. You’ll learn the knife skills necessary to easily prepare and bone fresh fish and discover classic flavours and recipes to wow your dinner party guests.
All courses are taught by our master chef Jake Pinn. Our School is positioned in Abinger Hammer, a delightful and picturesque village in the heart of the Surrey hills. Newly refurbished, the school provides each student with a fully equipped kitchen.
We believe in hands-on, practical teaching, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves. Students are provided with all necessary ingredients and equipment.
- How to select and buy quality fish
- Preparing razor clams
- Knife skills and selection
- Fillet and skin a flat fish
- Fillet a round fish
- Making fish stock
- Pin boning
- Razor clams with fennel and chilli
- Pan-fried sea-bream with sauce vierge
- Seabass ceviche
- Seabass with soy and chilli dressing
- Prawn Har Gau
- Bed and Breakfast available
- Indoor dining area
- Outside seating and dining area
- Free wifi
- Secure onsite parking
- Idyllic countryside setting, easily accessible by road and public transport