Cake making and baking course
An opportunity to learn essential methods of cake making and baking along with more advanced techniques.
With the popularity of the ‘Great British Bake off’ growing every year, is it any wonder that our cake making and baking course is growing just as quickly. In this 1 day course you will learn the skills you need to create cakes that look and taste fabulous. We will cover basic cake batters, vegetable-based cakes, sweet pastry, choux pastry and tart making.
All courses are taught by our master chef Jake Pinn. Our School is positioned in Abinger Hammer, a delightful and picturesque village in the heart of the Surrey hills. Newly refurbished, the school provides each student with a fully equipped kitchen.
We believe in hands-on, practical teaching, so be prepared to roll up your sleeves. Students are provided with all necessary ingredients and equipment.
- Pumpkin seed and spelt bread
- Courgette and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
- Quiche Lorraine with rough puff pastry
- Vanilla macaroons with salted caramel
- Profiteroles and Paris Brest
- Beetroot and chocolate cake
- Bed and Breakfast available
- Indoor dining area
- Outside seating and dining area
- Free wifi
- Secure onsite parking
- Idyllic countryside setting, easily accessible by road and public transport
Our Cake baking courses make the perfect gift for Birthdays, Anniversaries and Christmas. Gift vouchers are available in any denomination.